Suite 312, 110 Cumberland Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5R 3V5
Tel: 647 271 0956
The MBO Group was founded in 2010 by Ross Campbell and Stuart Morley to guide managers of private Canadian companies in approaching their owners and navigating the delicate process of striking a deal to buy their company through a “win-win” deal – these successful ownership transitions are known as Management Buyouts or MBOs.
Ross has spent his entire career investing in, and advising to, Canadian entrepreneurs in areas of private company acquisitions, finance and raising capital. Ross has worked with virtually every type of capital provider to private companies.
- Managing Director and co-founder of Norvest Mezzanine Fund Limited Partnership (a $40 million Mezzanine/Private Equity Fund funded by institutional investors)
- Managing Director and co-founder of McCarvill Mezzanine Fund Limited Partnership (a $30 million Mezzanine/Private Equity Fund funded by institutional investors)
- National Board Director Financial Executives International Canada (FEI Canada) and Chair, Private Company Finance Committee (2019 to present)
- Board Director, Canadian Australian Chamber of Commerce & past Chair CACC SME Group (2014 to present)
- Numerous Canadian private company Board and Advisory Board seats
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors (2014)
- Past Trustee and Chair of the Audit Committee and member of the Governance Committee of the TSE listed Primaris Retail REIT (an OMERS retail shopping malls spinoff)
- Senior Lender (Bank of Montreal), Asset Based Lender (Bank of Boston), Term Lender (Penfund Management Limited), Royalty Financing (McCarvill Corporation), Executive Search Consulting (Egon Zehnder International)
- CPA CA